Monday, September 13, 2010

About to go

One week and counting...

My new official leaving date for Afghanistan is Monday, September 20th. Due to a travel blackout (I don't quite know what a travel blackout is, but I am probably safer not arriving during said blackout), I have to wait a little longer to start my journey to the land of...mountains? I guess I will be able to better complete that sentence once I am actually in Kabul.
So, what does one do to prepare for a teaching fellowship in Afghanistan?
Search online for clothes to wear there, of course. See above.

One week and counting...

4 Comments:

At 11:42 AM , Blogger matt mulka said...

Love the outfit! Does your travel blackout require the pilot to fly blind. Hope the preps for Kabul are going smoothly. YOU will rock the classroom in Afghanistan, Jaala! Looking forward to your arrival:)

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Michael Lindsay said...

Jaala,

I'm so excited for you. I know you're going to have a great adventure. Keep in touch.

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are the most beautiful non-Afghan woman in Afghan clothes I have ever seen. :) <3 You make me want to be a better person. Love you, be safe.

 
At 12:15 AM , Blogger Jaala Thibault said...

Matt, Michael, Cara...Love you all! Thanks for the words of encouragement :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home