Monday, June 01, 2009

A Palm full of Mole

As I licked the luscious cream cheese frosting off of the knife for the seventeenth time while baking chocolate cupcakes from scratch and watching Sex and the City (the movie), I decided that this glutinous week must come to an end. A believer in Newton's Third Law, that every action has an opposite and equal reaction, I thought up a nice reaction to my action of sugar indulgence...Zone indulgence.
Contrary to popular belief, the Zone is not a diet but a lifestyle choice. It is a way to fuel the body for optimal performance all of the time. Portions are controlled and prescribed to fit each individual's specific body type and activity level.
Decidedly so, I returned to a proper Zone diet today. It turns out that I have eaten in the Zone most of my adult life, but does it count if I've eaten about 5 blocks (a block is a portion measurement) too many? Have I been living on one continuous "cheat day?" Yes. And it has felt so good.
But moving on...
Today's prognosis: okay.
I went to a baby shower for my Mexican friend Abigail and couldn't resist the mole and chorizo. All the girls glanced sideways at me when I asked how many ounces of mole per palm full.
Needless to say, I have met my 13 block requirement for the day and it is 6:38pm.
I'll have to pace myself tomorrow.
Until next time...good night and happy zoning.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM , Blogger David said...

Ha you dork...Glad to hear that your actually deciding to live a healthy life style. All these years of gluttony were starting to catch up to you....

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Jaala Thibault said...

Thanks Dave! You are a dork too! That's why I dig you:).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home