Monday, January 18, 2010

I'll be the Judge of That!






I am not usually the type that judges people all day, but this weekend that was my task. Judging did not entail what to, or not to wear, although there was quite a bit of fashion to be had; what I was responsible for was counting reps and making sure athletes who were competing in the Crossfit Ventura affiliate team challenge were adhering to standards.

Although I was a little disappointed to not be participating as an athlete, I was looking forward to seeing my friends compete. But with the responsibility of judging came nervousness and anxiousness; I didn't want to be too serious and make anyone feel jilted. Contrary to what I predicted, I was quickly reminded of why I love coaching/ being on the spectator side of a competition so much.

"Judging" gradually deteriorated into an encounter with heart, humor (bunches!), and humanity. As the day progressed, my nervousness faded to excitement and at the onset of each event I began to think how fun it was to, for once, not be competing. By the end of the day I was having such a spectacular time that I told a fellow crossfitter that if we ever had a competition like this again, "I'd be the judge of that!"

Some favorite memories:
Ben's national anthem...CRAP...take two.
Team Shenanigans and their uniforms. Well played Shenanigans!
The red shorts. Thanks Crossley.
Team handstands. Colin judging the handstands. Enough said.
Team muscles ups. Great job CPC; I don't think I have ever laughed as hard as when I saw Kate being thrown into the air by Fielding and Baker...until I saw Hogans in the helmet!
Hogans' helmet.
The camaraderie and cheering.
Paradiso's team name: "Clock Blockers." Brilliant.
Dogs wrestling.
Seeing old friends (shout out to Stephanie and Lynette!).
Amber's adorable children.
BJ's Brewery with CFV and the pzookie.

Thanks for putting on another awesome event CFV!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Now exactly what do you mean by "BJ's" Jaala?

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger Jaala Thibault said...

Ha! The brewery Jeff, the brewery! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home